iDevices Strengthens Its Market Leadership with the Announcement of Four New Connected Home Products
Avon, Conn. – January 5th, 2016 – iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, introduces four new products to its growing connected home product line. The additions, announced at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2016, include the iDevices Socket, Wall Switch, Dimmer Switch and Wall Outlet. These build upon iDevices’ first three Homekit™-enabled products; the iDevices Switch (indoor connected plug), Outdoor Switch (rain-tight, dual outlet connected plug) and Thermostat, currently available online and at retailers nationwide. Through the use of Apple® HomeKit technology, iDevices is able to provide an easy, secure way for its users to control their home’s lights, outlets, thermostats, and more from their iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® and with Siri® voice commands.
These new products embody iDevices’ mission of evolving people’s homes through responsive, HomeKit-enabled products that enhance everyday life. The iDevices Connected app, provides users with ultimate convenience, comfort and security allowing them to control their home using their iOS 8.1+ mobile phone or tablet from anywhere.
"Our team is laser-focused on developing user-centric products that accelerate the next generation of the connected home,” said Chris Allen, CEO of iDevices. “Socket and the three in-wall products we are announcing today signify the next stage of the iDevices evolution and our dedication to connecting users with products that enhance their lives.”
iDevices Socket – By screwing in any standard light bulb into the iDevices Socket, users can control their lights from anywhere using the free iDevices Connected app. The iDevices Socket has dimming functionality and a customizable LED night light allowing users to easily set the mood for any occasion by changing the light color and adjusting the brightness. The iDevices Socket will be available for sale in Q2 of 2016.
iDevices Wall Switch and Dimmer Switch – By replacing any standard, single light switch with one of these connected wall switches, users can control their home's lighting from anywhere using the free iDevices Connected app. Users can choose between the standard on/off Wall Switch or the Dimmer Switch, both available in Q3 of 2016. These products each feature customizable LED night lights, making it easy to find them in the middle of the night, and support single pole and 3-way switches.
iDevices Wall Outlet – This product brings the intelligence and intuitiveness of the iDevices Switch to a hard-wired version, perfect for those looking to upgrade existing wall outlets in their home. The iDevices Wall Outlet gives users the ability to control, monitor and schedule the power to both outlets individually, using the iDevices Connected app. The iDevices Wall Outlet will be available for sale in Q4 of 2016.
iDevices Connected App – Using the free iDevices Connected app, users can easily add iDevices products to their home network, securely pair them with their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, add them to a room, set dynamic schedules and add custom photos and names. The app also has the unique ability to support HomeKit-enabled products from other manufacturers.
iDevices Connected App Features
- Easy and Straightforward – iDevices products do not require an external hub or subscription and work right out of the box with a simple connection process. There’s no need for users to even know their Wi-Fi® password to get set up.
- Access from Anywhere – Users can securely access iDevices products from anywhere through the iDevices IoT Cloud Infrastructure. The cloud service is free and requires no logins.
- Custom Scenes and Schedules – With an intuitive interface, users can quickly design custom schedules and scenes that fit their lifestyle. iDevices products have the unique ability to remember events and ensure sure they happen even when the user is away.
- Energy Reporting – The iDevices Wall Outlet, Switch and Outdoor Switch, provide customers with energy tracking and reporting helping to save money on utility bills. For the Wall Outlet, the app will show the current wattage draw of each accessory plugged in, as well as an average usage and cost per day, giving users the insight they need to make better energy saving decisions daily.
- Personalization – Users can upload photos of their home, rooms and accessories to the iDevices Connected app to add a personal touch and improve visual navigation.
Visit iDevices At The Consumer Electronic Show 2016
iDevices is giving live product demos of these new products in its 40’x50’ CES booth, located in The Sands Expo (#71525). Visit the booth for a one-on-one tour of the products and iDevices Connected app.
About iDevices, LLC
iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastructure, iDevices works with highly recognized consumer brands to bring the power of connectivity to their customers. By designing and developing its technology in-house, the Company is able to seamlessly connect people to their worlds with responsive products that enhance everyday life. For more information, visit iDevicesinc.com.
iDevices Media Contact: