iDevices® Expands Smart Home Compatibility with New Android™ App
LAS VEGAS – Jan. 5, 2017 – iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the smart home industry, announces the compatibility of their iDevices Connected app with Bluetooth® Smart Ready Android devices, opening their product line to a whole new audience of smart home enthusiasts. Android users can now completely control their homes with the iDevices Connected app and use products like the iDevices Switch, Outdoor Switch and Socket to control, monitor and schedule their homes from anywhere.
Android users running Bluetooth Smart 4.3 or higher can now take full advantage of the highly acclaimed app, including remote access through the iDevices IoT Cloud Infrastructure. iDevices is no stranger to the Android platform. Their iDevices Connected app once supported hundreds of thousands of Android-controlled iGrill® users. They also developed and licensed an Android Bluetooth Smart Library, called SweetBlue™, that helps other developers create seamless connections between Android devices and Bluetooth Smart products.
iDevices Connected App Features
The free iDevices Connected app allows users to easily add any iDevices product to their home network, securely pair them with their Android smartphone or tablet, add them to a room, set dynamic schedules and add custom photos and names.
• Easy and Straightforward – iDevices products do not require an external hub or subscription and work right out of the box with a simple connection process.
• Access from Anywhere – Users can securely access iDevices products from anywhere through the iDevices IoT Cloud Infrastructure. The cloud service is free and requires no login.
• Custom Schedules – With an intuitive interface, users can quickly design custom schedules that fit their lifestyle. iDevices products have the unique ability to remember events and ensure sure they happen even when the user is away.
• Energy Tracking – Users can manage their energy consumption with both actual and forecasted energy usage data available in the iDevices Connected app’s Custom Energy Report.
• Personalization – Users can upload photos of their home, rooms and accessories to the iDevices Connected app to add a personal touch and improve visual navigation.
“Android compatibility is a critical next step for iDevices,” said Chris Allen, CEO of iDevices. “Our goal has always been to make the smart home easy and accessible for everyone, but our name has always been synonymous with iOS. Opening our platform to Android users means there’s a whole new audience of people that can enjoy the benefits an iDevices system has to offer. We also have a 100% U.S. based Customer Experience Team dedicated to making sure consumers get the most out of our apps and products.”
iDevices is at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from Jan. 5-8 at the Sands, Level 2, Halls A-D, Booth #41624.
For more information on iDevices and its products, visit www.iDevicesinc.com.
About iDevices, LLC:
iDevices, the preeminent brand in the smart home industry, manufactures a premium line of home automation products available at the largest retailers nationwide. With technology ever-changing, iDevices strives to be at the forefront, constantly evolving and integrating with the newest platforms and accessories on the market. By designing and developing its technology in-house, iDevices is able to seamlessly connect people to their worlds and evolve their homes with thoughtfully simple products that enhance everyday life. For more information, visit http://iDevicesinc.com.
# # #
iDevices Media Contacts:
305-374-4404 x 162