Here's what we've been up to at iDevices...
Looking to do even more with your smart home? Connecting your iDevices products with IFTTT will vastly expand your smart home ecosystem and increase automation, making everyday life that much easier.
IFTTT you’re not aware (sorry, had to do it), IFTTT is a free app connecting hundreds of different apps, web services, and products that normally don’t work together. Click here to visit the iDevices page on IFTTT.
IFTTT stands for “if this, then that," — the logic used by the company to connect everyday things. Below are brief details on how IFTTT works; click here to start exploring the app.
- Each company, product or app that’s partnered with IFTTT is called a “service.”
- Services feature “Applets,” which users can turn on to get more from their favorite services.
- Applets follow “if this, then that” logic; if a specified trigger occurs, then a specified action is taken.
- Every service has a page on IFTTT where you can see, turn on and create Applets.
- Each service can have triggers, actions or both. A trigger can set off an Applet, while an action is something that occurs because an Applet has run.
- IFTTT allows you to create your own Applets using your favorite services. Click here to see the 600+ services available on IFTTT.
We've got Applets
To get you started, we’ve already created several Applets. Below is a sampling of our favorites. Currently, the iDevices Wall Switch, Dimmer Switch, Wall Outlet, Switch, Outdoor Switch, and Socket work with IFTTT, as well each product's customizable LED night light. We’ll be releasing new Applets often, so make sure you visit iDevicesinc.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, and register to receive email updates and alerts.
Turn off when I leave
Are you forgetful in the morning, especially pre-coffee? This Applet is for you. Set your iDevices smart switches and outlets to turn off when you leave a specified area, like your home. The official term for this is geo-fencing, but let’s just call it convenient.
Turn on at sunset
What’s better than watching a beautiful sunset? When your lights automatically turn on as soon as the sun dips below the horizon. This is a perfect Applet for holiday lights and outdoor accessories connected to the iDevices Outdoor Switch.
Turn on night light when a product turns off
Let the glow of iDevices LED night lights guide you in the dark. As soon as you turn off lighting connected to an iDevices product, the night light of your choice turns on. You can also create custom Applets that change the color of the night light of your choice.
Adjust brightness at a specified time
Ease into the night by having your Dimmer Switch adjust to a lower level at the same time every day.
Turn on when temperature rises above
It’s getting hot in here…so turn on the fan.
Turn on when temperature drops below
Baby it’s cold outside…so turn on the space heater.
The best part about IFTTT is the ability to create custom Applets. You can use IFTTT to connect your iDevices products* to a variety of popular apps, as well as other smart home products like cameras, environmental sensors, blinds, and door locks. IFTTT is a whole new world of smart home simplicity. Try it out and share your Applet ideas with us on Facebook or Twitter, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few helpful links to get you started on IFTTT:
Click here to visit the iDevices page on IFTTT.
Click here to learn how to connect your iDevices products to IFTTT. (Make sure you update the iDevices Connected app)
Click here to learn how to use iDevices products with IFTTT.
* The iDevices Thermostat is not currently compatible with IFTTT, but functionality will be added in the near future. Register your email at iDevicesinc.com > Stay Connected, to receive alerts.