Tips for a Happy Thanksgiving
Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is just two days away! It’s okay, take a deep breath, I’m going to help with a few tips for how to make the day stress-free:
- Make Dishes Ahead: Start cooking some of your Thanksgiving goodies, such as homemade cranberry sauce and pies. These foods will keep well in the refrigerator over the next two days.
- Make a List: Make a list of ingredients you need to buy from recipes that you are using.
- Decorate the table: Check that you have matching napkins, the silverware is polished and your best china is ready to use.
- Prepare the House (and Yourself): Set your dining room table, clean the house and mentally prepare yourself for tomorrow. Try to plan minute-by-minute. This may seem excessive, however, this will help with the perfect timing of your meal.
- Final Shopping Trip: Go to the grocery store and pick up all of your last minute necessities with the list that you made yesterday. Running out of butter or milk on the big day could add unnecessary stress to making your family’s favorite dishes!
- Pre-Make Side Dishes: If you find the time, whip up side dishes that will keep overnight. By pre-making dishes, you will free up valuable space in your oven.
- Cut some of the Veggies: Cut up your butternut squash, dice your onions, garlic, carrots and celery. These all keep beautifully in zip lock bags and will help to save time tomorrow.
- Know the Temp: Use a thermometer to prevent worrying about undercooking or overcooking your precious turkey. The iDevices Kitchen Thermometer gives you a 150-foot Bluetooth range, so you can get back to your family and friends while still keeping an eye on the turkey.
- Enjoy yourself! You worked hard and you deserve to relax with your family on this special day. It’s game time; Thanksgiving Day is finally here!
Happy holidays from iDevices!
-Sierra Coughlin, Marketing Assistant